locked Re: Worked B4 Not Working

WB8ASI Herb

See attached.  It doesn't happen every time.  Shows my QSO with K0SMT smoothly successfully logged at 2320Z.   It's now 2345Z as I send this memo and he's still call CQ and not showing the as Worked B4, and still showing on my Decodes Window with B4 hidden.  Hope it helps.  Thanks.

On February 22, 2020 at 5:24 PM "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> wrote:

You're not specifying any of these flags in JTAlert, are you?  And you are looking for the SQLITE_BUSY return?

The threading mode for an individual database connection is determined by flags given as the third argument to  sqlite3_open_v2() . The  SQLITE_OPEN_NOMUTEX  flag causes the database connection to be in the multi-thread mode and the  SQLITE_OPEN_FULLMUTEX  flag causes the connection to be in serialized mode. If neither flag is specified or if  sqlite3_open()  or  sqlite3_open16()  are used instead of  sqlite3_open_v2() , then the default mode determined by the compile-time and start-time settings is used.

On Saturday, February 22, 2020, 04:11:56 PM CST, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 23/02/2020 8:57 am, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
I don't think the database will matter...I haven't tested MySQL with V2 but with V1 it was not any better than SQLite.

The problem with V2 is multi-fold....#1 they parse all the awards they have which is dog slow...and you can't delete the awards you don't care about  #2 They have LINQ data stored in the database so indexing the columns doesn't help things at all.  Queries that should take ms take seconds.  The same things in V1 are much faster.

V2 wasn't getting many beta testers so they opened it up and are fixing bugs now.

de Mike W9MDB

Mike,

My reason for the database type question is I am thinking there may be a database locking issue preventing JTAlert from reading the log to get the B4 status. I don't have any evidence of this, I am just gathering data.

The non-index-able data stored in the Log4OM2 log is Json text data, not Linq, you will find. This is a performance problem, especially with large QSOs logs. It caused a lot of coding workarounds in JTAlert to achieve the simplest of sql queries.