locked Re: MYSQL Connection Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/02/2020 5:34 pm, Jbammi via Groups.Io wrote:
JTAlert 2.15.10
MySQL 8 (8.0.19 64 bit) on Win 10
Log4OM V2 (2.3.0.0)
WSJT-X v2.1.2

In Setting, i choose log4omV2 for logging with MySQL, the UDP setup and control port are fine, because QSOs are getting logged correctly in log4om v2

However i enter the credentials for MySQL (double and triple checked), and on hitting Test Connection I always get the following error

Test MySQL Server Connection : FAIL
ERROR : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

At the end of a QSO whilst logging it gives meĀ  the QSO Log Failed dialog with:
LOG4OM V2 MySQL Unable to confirm QSO logged

Obviously because it is unable to connect to MySql.

Happy to help track this down.

73 de k1jbd
bammi

Bammi,

In all honesty, I didn't test the JTAlert Log4OMV2 MySQL code against an SSL enabled MySQL server (I need to set one up).

The problem may be in the MySQL code library being used by JTAlert, the connection string used, or the libmysql.dll client file.

I did upgrade the libmysql.dll file (v6.1.10) as part of the Log4OM2 support in JTAlert but that caused problems for JTAlert uses with out-dated or broken VC runtime libraries so I downgraded to the much older file (v5.1.37) used by JTAlert for many years. It may be simply that the libmysql.dll file doesn't support SSL connections.

I have sent you a direct email with a link to a more recent libmysql.dll file. Try replacing the file installed by JTAlert with the new file and let me know if that works (I am not hopeful however).