locked MYSQL Connection Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

JTAlert 2.15.10
MySQL 8 (8.0.19 64 bit) on Win 10
Log4OM V2 (2.3.0.0)
WSJT-X v2.1.2

In Setting, i choose log4omV2 for logging with MySQL, the UDP setup and control port are fine, because QSOs are getting logged correctly in log4om v2

However i enter the credentials for MySQL (double and triple checked), and on hitting Test Connection I always get the following error

Test MySQL Server Connection : FAIL
ERROR : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

At the end of a QSO whilst logging it gives me  the QSO Log Failed dialog with:
LOG4OM V2 MySQL Unable to confirm QSO logged

Obviously because it is unable to connect to MySql.

Happy to help track this down.

73 de k1jbd
bammi