locked Re: JTAlert and Comments field of logfile

Paul-N5DUP

Jim,

There were several fields in the JTAlerx Logging Options box that pertain to data displayed from XML lookups and I checked all of them but that didn’t seem to work, still nothing in the Comments field.  And just FYI, for ACLog to populate the Comments field with XML data,  WSJT-X CANNOT be putting dB signal reports (or anything else for that matter) into the Comments field.

Paul
N5DUP

On Feb 12, 2020, at 1:45 PM, Paul B. <paul@...> wrote:

Jim,

First, thank you for your response! I use ACLog as my logging program. I also subscribe to QRZ’s XML call database. ACLog queries that database and populates several fields in its log like Name and County, which is being populated. But the Address is supposed to be in the Comments field and it is not. Thanks to you I have found several XML check boxes in the Logging Options Box that I think need to be checked. Waiting to make a contact to test it now. Thanks

73,
Paul
N5DUP

On Feb 12, 2020, at 1:21 PM, Jim N6VH <N6VH@...> wrote:

Paul,

Go to Settings/Manage Settings/Logging. In the Logging Options Box, scroll down until you see "Log WSJT-X Comments to QSL Message Field", and check that box.

In WSJT-X, go to Settings/Reporting. Check the box that says "dB reports to comments".

Is that what you are looking for?

73,

Jim N6VH

On 2/12/2020 7:39 AM, Paul-N5DUP wrote:
Does JTAlert have to be configured to pass Comments field data?

Paul
N5DUP