locked Re: LOG4OM V2 - “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

WB8ASI Herb

On February 6, 2020 at 9:09 AM Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ <wa2sqq@...> wrote:

I've applied to the JTALERT support group, but had no idea how long the approval takes. Decided to post here. My apology if this is not permitted.

I’ve been using LOG4OM V2 for about a week and decided last night to get WSJT / JTALERT running. I upgraded both programs to their latest versions. My Flex 6500 was on and both WSJT and JTALERT were open and running. Proper operation was verified with Log4OM V1.

Ø  Started the installation procedure described in the LOG4OM manual (below)

Ø  When I get to Step #5 below, I get Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

Ø  Posted the problem on the LOG4OM forum and was told that it is a known JTALERT bug.  I found this strange since I’ve seen others say it’s working fine.

Ø  Last night I got to thinking and now wonder if the radio needs to be off, and perhaps also LOG4OM?

Ø  LOG4OM needs to be run in an ADMIN mode – how about JTALERT?

I appreciate any suggestions on how to get this running.

(The steps below refer to page 142 in the latest LOG4OM manual dated 5 FEB 2020)

1.Enable the Remote Control port in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2241- OK

2.Create an "ADIF_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 with a UDP Port number of 2235 - OK

3. Create a "JT_MESSAGE" inbound connection in Log4OM V2 called JTALERT REBROADCAST with a UDP Port number of 1240 - OK

4. In WSJT-X/WSJT-Z File/Settings/reporting check the boxes and set the ports as shown below. - OK

5.In JTAlert in settings/manage settings/Logging/Log4OM V2 in JTAlert, enable the "Send WSJT-X DX call to Log4OM" and "Enable Log4OM V2 Logging"

When I tried to do step #5 above, I got “Fatal Error, "MY SQL Start Failure"

I was unable to proceed beyond this point.

6.Set the Control port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 1.)

7.Set the ADIF_MESSAGE port in JTAlert to match the port used in Log4OM V2 (Step 2.)

8. In settings/manage settings/applications/WSJT-X/JTDX in JTAlert enable "Rebroadcast WSJT-X UDP Packets (received only)" and set the IP Address to 127.0.0.1 and UDP Port number to match that set in Log4OM V2 step 3