locked Re: Audio Error?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/02/2020 7:37 am, Bill - AA4M wrote:
Every time I start a JTAlert / WSJT-X session, I get this message:

Because of hearing problems, I have audio turned off in JTAlert, so why must I see this error message over and over and over . . . FWIW, this problem is fairly new, older versions of JTAlert did not show this error.

73, BillĀ  AA4M

Bill,

This was a deliberate design decision made to prevent JTAlert using the same sound device as WSJT-X causing alert sounds to be transmitted.

To avoid this error, choose an different sound device for JTAlert.

This has been previously discussed with a free solution. See https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/26856