locked Re: JTAlert 2.15.8 will not stay running

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/01/2020 4:25 am, K8HW wrote:
I just installed the newest version of JTAlert and Malwarebytes had a fit. I made an exception and all was just fine.

After the program ran for about four hours, WebRoot removed it. I made an exception in WebRoot and JTAlert won't stay running for more that one minute. The window disappears with no explanation. Any help would be appreciated.

73 - Dave - K8HW
Try using the "alt Layout" JTAlert shortcut. Reports from several users is that WebRoot is leaving that build alone, for now.

WebRoot has recently started interfering with JTAlert (regular, not Alt Layout build). The biggest problem with WebRoot is it is not informing the end-user it has taken any action, blocking TCP/UDP comms, blocking Internet connections, killing JTAlert, etc. It is doing this with no feedback to the user leaving the user to blame the affected application.

IMHO, WebRoot is now behaving no better than the malicious software it tries to protect us from!