locked Re: Missing Bearings

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/01/2020 7:35 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
Thanks Laurie for your usual speedy response and service.  The new beta 0009 seems to be working fine now.  At first it didn't appear to show improvement so I restarted the computer.  It still didn't appear to fix the missing bearings, but as it ran for awhile it got better and better.  More bearings appeared in every cycle til I'm now near 100% which seems normal.
Herb,

The initial absence of Bearing data (due to missing Grid data) is to be expected as only decodes with a Grid in the message will produce a Bearing. Once a Station has been decoded with a Grid, that Grid is cached so that subsequent decodes without a Grid will still produce a Bearing. This cached Grid data is remembered across JTAlert restarts. It was this caching that was broken.