locked Unable to communicate with JTDX process #FT8

Bob Davet

I'm getting the above error. This is for my dad's set up. Mine has been up and running for a couple years now.

Got JTDX loaded and setup using the same settings as on my computer.
Got JTAlert loaded and setup using the same setting as on my computer.

When I load both programs this comes up right in the beginning:

"Unable to communicate with the JTDX process.
UDP Port: 2237
IP address: 127.0.0.1
Values read from JTDX config file...
C:\Users\My dads name\AppData\Local\JTDX\JTDX.ini

JTDX Detected Instance...
Process Window Title: JTDX by HF community  v2.1.0-rc145, derivative work
based on WSJT-X by K1JT
Process Command Line c:\JTDX\JTDX\bin\jtdx.exe

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected."

I did not have this problem setting my system up way back when I did it.
I'm sure it is some simple setting, but have no idea where to start looking.

JTDX connects to everything, It receives and transmits like it should.

Is this a JTDX issue or a JTAlert issue, or both?

Just dont know where to start.

Thanks

Bob
W8RID