From: Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 9:01
To: Support@hamapps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Callsign checking too slow

I'm using JTAlert 2.15.5 on a relatively fast 64-bit Windows 10
computer (Core i7-7000, 24 GB RAM, ATA SSD). I am reading in my FT8
QSOs via an ADIF file. There are 9400 QSOs in the log. I have the
latest version of WSJT-X (2.1.2).

I'm currently monitoring FT8 on 7074 KHz. WSJT-X is decoding around
25 callsigns per period. It's taking several (3) seconds into the
next Tx period for JTAlert to populate the callsigns in the window.
So it's pretty much too late to decide to call a station that was just
decoded.

Why can't JTAlert finish the callsign checking and display the results
before the next period starts?

I have (only) the following checks turned on:

- Wanted DXCC
- Wanted Grid
- Wanted Callsigns

If this is based solely on the # of QSOs in the log, I can't imagine
how long the wait must be for 20K or more QSOs.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us