locked Re: UDP port problems

Rick Johnson

That is why I reinstalled JTAlert.....to reload the files and it didn't work of course.
I sent my files once before but I don't remember how.  The Parkinson's is getting worse.
I'll figure it out.  Thanks for the help.
73,
Rick W3BI

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 6:25 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 5/12/2019 9:34 am, Rick Johnson wrote:
Thinking about the problem.....I used Revo Uninstall to remove an Acom program.  I think in the list of
"leftovers" was an important file for JTAlert.  It wasn't listed as such or I would have removed it before
deleting the other files. Any idea what I did wrong?
To answer your question, JTAlert 2.14.5 and WSJT 2.1.2 worked perfectly.

Revo removing needed JTAlert files would not cause JTAlert to stop receiving UDP data from WSJT-X, if anything it would produce a critical error dialog from JTAlert which would subsequently close. A rerunning of the JTAlert installer will restore any lost files/directories.

There have not been any recent changes in how JTAlert receives WSJT-X UDP traffic, internally 2.15.3 is exactly the same as 2.14.5.

The most likely cause is another application having exclusive access to the WSJT-X UDP port (2237) or WSJT-X is running with elevated privileges (set to run as administrator). There is never any need to run WSJT-X elevated.

If you haven't done so already, perform a PC restart, especially if your running Win10 as that is now the most common fix for unexpected or changed behavior.

If you still have no success, use the "Help" (or "? ") -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.