locked Re: Reset Alert Database

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

OK.

1) Clear (I mean save for later) JTAlert.adi file

2) Run scan

3) Reload saved JTAlert.adi

4) Start JTAlert

It will then look at the data and update the Alerts accordingly.

Do I have this correct?� And then I just turn on the Alerts using By Band & By Mode combination to get the stations, grids, etc...I am looking for.

Ed, KD9FRQ

On 23/11/2019 12:06 pm, Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone have a detailed document on resetting the Alert database?

I exported my primary electronic log file from QRZ and want to use it to populate my Alert database.

How does one reset a single State on a single band?

The JTAlert Wanted Alert lists are contained within the JTAlert config.sqlite file (please don't try an edit this file manually).
The easiest way to reset all the Wanted Alert lists (along with the different Band/Mode tracking combinations) is to run the Scan Log against your enabled logger when it has been set to a new empty log. If your not using one of the supported loggers, than set JTAlert to use ADIF logging with an empty ADIF log file and run the Scan Log against that.

Manually setting/unsetting a State on a single Band is easy, just select the Band and mode and untick the State, BUT be warned that any manual changes you make will be lost if your run a Scan Log.