- Lost Audio With JTAlert Ver 2.15.3
Re: Lost Audio With JTAlert Ver 2.15.3
On 23/11/2019 9:20 pm, Paul Keating
Three issues with
JTAlert Ver 2.15.3:
1) Same here - no audio. Changed sound devices - no audio.
Checked microphone permissions - no audio. Ran troubleshooting
diagnostics on audio system (from drive inputs to speaker) - no
2) Online XML Callbook information does not populate the "Name,"
"QTH," and "Grid" on every instance of a callsign being selected.
Information populates the blocks about 10% of the time;
information needs to be manually inserted into blocks 90% of the
3) Callsign information is not routed to (DXLab Suite's)
Pathfinder for information look-up until after a QSO has been
logged (and info goes to DXKeeper logging software).
Reverted back to JTAlert Ver 2.15.0 - the most trusted version of
the Ver 2.15.x series.
Paul DU2FIS / K8SQ
All the problems you list indicate failed (or blocked)
communication between the JTAlert.exe process and the
JTALertV2.Manager.exe process (which is new as of 2.15.1). The JTALertV2.Manager.exe process
(from the JTAlertV3 project) replaces the old plugin manager and
its 15 plugin files. The functions handled by the Manager are...
(taken form the 2.15.1 Release notes)
- Playing alert sounds.
- XML lookups (QRZ and HamQTH)
- Weblog uploads (QRZ, Eqsl, HrdLog, ClubLog and
- Uploading of Spots to HamSpots.
- Downloading of Band Activity data from HamSpots
- Managing sending/receiving of Text messages and
Callsigns online checks.
- User defined Alerting.
- JTAlert session files cleanup.
- Program updates available checks.
- All DXLab DDE based functions. This includes DXK,
DXV and PF callsign
lookup, DXV rotator control and local spotting to
The most likely cause of the comms failure are a UDP port
collision with an existing running process on your PC or
Protection software interference.
I can't help if it is your protection software, but for a port
collision I have redesigned JTAlert to use dynamically assigned
ports (provided by the OS and guaranteed to be free and not in
use by another process). Check your email as I have sent you a
link to this latest build of JTAlert.
de Laurie VK3AMA
Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.