locked Re: V2.15.2 looses audio alerts

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/11/2019 7:53 am, Mike Horn wrote:
I lost my audio alerts as well with version2.15.2.  I tried everything in the book; Windows audio settings, JTAlert settings, program start/restart, etc....but no dice.
Finally gave up and reverted to version2.15.1 and everything works fine.  I saw another post where someone used a software to reload his previous
Windows settings but does not specify what values changed (for those of us who do not utilize that software).  I have had no problems in the life of JTAlert
when upgrading so this has me baffled. I assume that the reversion indicates a changed Windows setting.  Hopefully someone will be able to identify the problem
so we can get back to upgrading.
Also, a heartfelt thanks to all those involved in the development of this fun software.
Mike N8FRI
Mike,

2.15.2 introduced a new audio library into the code. This was a rapid change (minimal testing) due to the excessive audio delays experienced by Flex users (5, 10 & 30 seconds) with 2.15.1. The new 2.15.2 library resolved the audio delay issues, but brought with it several bugs that have come to light since its introduction. Apparent non playing of audio is one of them. A new build of JTAlert that replaces this hastily added audio library is currently with the Test team. Check you email, I have sent you direct a link to the latest build, please test and report back.