locked Re: New JTAlert 2.15.1

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/11/2019 12:05 pm, k0ua via Groups.Io wrote:
Windows 7 home premium.  NO sound. No alerts, NO testing your soundcard.  Sound card was deselected, but selecting proper soundcard and reboot did not fix the issue.  Went back to 2.15.0.  Everything back to normal.  73  James K0UA
That sounds (no pun intended) like your audio drivers for the sound card do not support WASAPI. A known problem for older Windows hardware running old or outdated drivers.

The audio library used in 2.15.1 has been replaced with a new audio library for 2.15.2 which resolved the delays experienced by Flex/DAX users. It doesn't default to WASPI, but uses an auto-detect mechanism and selects the output type based on the capabilities of your Sound device/driver. If you would like to test the new build email me direct and I will send you a link.