locked Re: New JTAlert 2.15.1

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Laurie,

A support request as been sent.

I dropped out of the test team as I can't provide due justice to testing.  Most of my time is consumed on writing and providing support for the application that supports the ham gear my company designs and produces.

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 11/8/2019 22:47, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

On 9/11/2019 2:37 pm, Ron / W4MMP via Groups.Io wrote:

I am also experiencing a sound related issue.  What am I experiencing is not a clipping of the sound but rather a delay in the start of the sound.  The delay is consistently 5 seconds before the sound is played.  The sound is played start to finish.  This is no big deal.  I just thought I would pass this along.

Windows 10 Home Edition (completely updated),  overall CPU utilization about 12% with no CPU higher than 4% (Intel i7 860), 8GB.  No discernible system disk activity.  The JTAlert folder(s) have been excluded from Window Defender.

Own Call Alert - DingDing.wav

73,
Ron / W4MMP
Ron,

I thought you were on the Test team or am I mistaken?

A consistent 5 second delay is abnormal. To help isolate what is happening please do the following...

  • Enable debug recording in JTAlert.
  • Restart JTAlert
  • Wait for 2 minutes so sufficient time has elapsed for a snapshot of your running processes has been taken.
  • Use the Test Sound button a few times.
  • Send a support request.
  • Turn off Debug recording.