locked Re: New JTAlert 2.15.1

Ron / W4MMP

I am also experiencing a sound related issue.  What am I experiencing is not a clipping of the sound but rather a delay in the start of the sound.  The delay is consistently 5 seconds before the sound is played.  The sound is played start to finish.  This is no big deal.  I just thought I would pass this along.

Windows 10 Home Edition (completely updated),  overall CPU utilization about 12% with no CPU higher than 4% (Intel i7 860), 8GB.  No discernible system disk activity.  The JTAlert folder(s) have been excluded from Window Defender.

Own Call Alert - DingDing.wav

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 11/8/2019 21:52, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

On 9/11/2019 1:08 pm, parker@... wrote:
Installed 2.15.1 on Win 7. NET Framework is 4.8.

There was no audio; the upgrade deselected the soundcard.

I re-selected "Windows Default Sound Card" and audio was restored, BUT the audio alerts are clipped unnaturally short, before the alerts are finished.

I found 2.14.5, re-installed that and all is back to normal.

Parker W5ADD
2.15.1 uses new .NET audio code unlike the XP era code used in the older JTAlert builds. When you say the audio is clipped, what is missing the start or the end of the sound? Which part of the sound is clipped will help isolate what is happening.