Re: New install on laptop won't run

John Petrocelli

Just adding my 2 cents ....

Yes infections are the problem.

I one is running Windows and using the Chrome browser my 2 favorite "Extensions" for Chrome are:
     AddBlockPlus
          &
     ScriptSafe

With ScriptSafe you need to "train" it to permit scrips on each page that you frequently visit.  "Training" is simple and easy and it can help with avoiding infections from scripts.

Thanks for letting me add my 2 cents.
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 9/11/2019 12:36 PM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
Just google "McAfee exclusions"

If I were you I'd uninstall McAfee....they give it to you for free so you can pay later.

Defender and Malwarebytes(free) will do you fine....and don't click on weblinks that you don't recognize and expect...that's where 90+% of infections come from.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 07:15:32 AM CDT, Phil Zminda <phil-z@...> wrote:

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for getting back to me. Windows Defender does seem to be the problem. I have tried various settings under "Controlled Folder Access" but nothing seems to resolve the problem. Windows Defender is deleting the JTAleret.exe file. This is with the Folder as a protected folder and JTAlert as protected app.

The laptop does have McAfee Antivirus also but not using it yet. Does McAfee have settings that might allow running JTAlert?

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP