Re: New install on laptop won't run

Michael Black

Just google "McAfee exclusions"

If I were you I'd uninstall McAfee....they give it to you for free so you can pay later.

Defender and Malwarebytes(free) will do you fine....and don't click on weblinks that you don't recognize and expect...that's where 90+% of infections come from.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 07:15:32 AM CDT, Phil Zminda <phil-z@...> wrote:

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for getting back to me. Windows Defender does seem to be the problem. I have tried various settings under "Controlled Folder Access" but nothing seems to resolve the problem. Windows Defender is deleting the JTAleret.exe file. This is with the Folder as a protected folder and JTAlert as protected app.

The laptop does have McAfee Antivirus also but not using it yet. Does McAfee have settings that might allow running JTAlert?

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP