Re: New install on laptop won't run

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/09/2019 10:30 pm, Phil Zminda wrote:
 I just started using a new HP Windows 10 laptop with I5 processor, 256 Gb SSD and 8 Gb memory. When I try to start JT Alert 2.14.13, I get a message "Insufficient resources to complete this service". If I try again a couple times it appears to have disappeared from the Apps. I had no problems running JT Alert on an older Windows 10 laptop or a Dell desktop. I have not seen this with any other software. What could be going wrong?

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP

Phil,

On a new Windows install with your laptop specs, it wont be a lack of resources to run JTAlert. That message is a generic catch-all message from Windows that embraces a number of error conditions.

The disappearance of the JTAlert application suggests that it is your virus/malware protection that is the root cause.

If your using Windows Defender and still running the default settings that come with a new Window install, check the "Controlled folder access" setting, under the "Ransomware protection" section. This has been know to cause problems for many Ham applications, not just JTAlert.

Let us know how you get on.