locked Re: Need help with JTALERT 2.14.3

WB8ASI Herb

I have McAfee Live Safe and have found success in just excluding the files that are quarantined.  Alot easier than excluding them all.  73, Herb WB8ASI

On August 27, 2019 at 9:14 AM "Michael Black via Groups.Io" <mdblack98@...> wrote:

I don't know what version of McAfee you have but just google "mcafee exclusions" to find out how for your version.

And exclude the following directories (with McAfee Live Safe you have to exclude every file in these directories which is ridiculous).

C:\WSJT
C:\Program Files (x86)\JTAlert
C:\Program Data\HamApps
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\HamApps

Do the same for all your ham software.

de Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 07:58:18 AM CDT, Martin Lafferty via Groups.Io <mlaff0842@...> wrote:

Mike, thank you for your reply, but I am afraid you will have to be a little more specific for me.  I'm not sure exactly what you need for me to do.

TNX and 73
Martin W4PNY

On ‎Monday‎, ‎August‎ ‎26‎, ‎2019‎ ‎11‎:‎10‎:‎44‎ ‎PM‎ ‎EDT, Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Create an exception for the JTAlert program folder.

de Mike W9MDB

On Monday, August 26, 2019, 09:29:15 PM CDT, Martin Lafferty via Groups.Io <mlaff0842@...> wrote:

Laurie, I just ran into a similar problem.  I just tried to install JTAlert 2.14.3.  After running the install (both as Administrator and not), when I run the program, McAffee declares that it found a virus and eliminated it.  Didn't give me a chance to choose otherwise.  Any suggestions.  BTW reinstalled 2.13.10 and it runs fine.