locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: JT-Alert support for WSJT-X (JT9 modes)

Dell - W2DX <w2dx.dellg@...>

Thanks, Les, but I as I said earlier, this just changes a JT9 QSO to a generic DATA mode...been there done that. I don't need any more DATA QSO matches so I don't see the point of even bothering.  And, once matched as a DATA QSO in LoTW, you'll never be able to use the QSO for a match if the ARRL bothers to recognize JT9 as an award (not the programmers, Joe).

To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:48 AM
Subject: [Ham-Apps] Re: JT-Alert support for WSJT-X (JT9 modes)

There was a article in this months QST explaining how to setup the TSQL application to convert log entries containing JT9 to data automatically when uploading to LOTW. I follwed the instructions and it worked for me.

The instruction are on page 66 in the March issue of QST. I'll put them in here incase someone does not have access to QST.

Open TQSL

Select FILE - PREFERENCES - ADIF MODES

Click the ADD button

In the mode window enter the mode as it is expressed in your logging program (JT9, for example)

Use the drop down menu on the left to select the mode that you want it to represent. Linking JT9 contacts to DATA will guarantee that they receive digital credit when you upload.

Click OK and then click OK again

When you export your log and sign it with TQSL, you JT9 contacts will automatically be uploaded as DATA (or whatever you've chosen) and will count as digitial contact in LOTW.

--- In Ham-Apps@..., Dell - W2DX wrote:
>
> That is indeed some cool news, Laurie. Now if you only had some pull with LoTW programmers, you could convince them to add JT-1 as a new mode rather than having to relegate it to DATA mode, hi hi.
>
> Dell - W2DX
>
>
>
> >________________________________
> > From: "Laurie, VK3AMA"
> >To: Ham-Apps@...
> >Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:02 PM
> >Subject: [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert support for WSJT-X (JT9 modes)
> >
> >
> > 
> >I have received numerous requests for JT-Alert to support WSJT-X and the JT9 modes.
> >
> >I am currently in discussions with Joe, K1JT, regarding some
> changes needed for JT-Alert to work with WSJT-X.
> >
> >Unless an insurmountable problem is encountered, there will be a
> JT-Alert version for this program.
> >
> >Timing on a release is unclear, but should be in the near future.
> >
> >de Laurie VK3AMA
> >
>

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.