locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: JT-Alert support for WSJT-X (JT9 modes)

Dell - W2DX <w2dx.dellg@...>

Thanks, Les, but I as I said earlier, this just changes a JT9 QSO to a generic DATA mode...been there done that. I don't need any more DATA QSO matches so I don't see the point of even bothering.  And, once matched as a DATA QSO in LoTW, you'll never be able to use the QSO for a match if the ARRL bothers to recognize JT9 as an award (not the programmers, Joe).

From: Les
To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:48 AM
Subject: [Ham-Apps] Re: JT-Alert support for WSJT-X (JT9 modes)

There was a article in this months QST explaining how to setup the TSQL application to convert log entries containing JT9 to data automatically when uploading to LOTW. I follwed the instructions and it worked for me.

The instruction are on page 66 in the March issue of QST. I'll put them in here incase someone does not have access to QST.

Open TQSL

Select FILE - PREFERENCES - ADIF MODES

Click the ADD button

In the mode window enter the mode as it is expressed in your logging program (JT9, for example)

Use the drop down menu on the left to select the mode that you want it to represent. Linking JT9 contacts to DATA will guarantee that they receive digital credit when you upload.

Click OK and then click OK again

When you export your log and sign it with TQSL, you JT9 contacts will automatically be uploaded as DATA (or whatever you've chosen) and will count as digitial contact in LOTW.