Re: "Wanted Callsign" anomaly

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/08/2019 8:38 am, Rich - K1HTV wrote:
Laurie,
  In JTAlert version 2.14.2 it is now possible to import a CSV file with single letter plus percent sign entries into "Alert Callsigns". However there are a few problems:

1- Single letter plus % entries in the "Alert Callsigns" list can NOT be removed individually using the "Delete" button. The only way they can be removed is to remove ALL of them using the "Clear" button.

2 - At first, JTAlert would not produce an alert for entries on the list with a single letter plus % (e.g. N%, K%, W&). However, it did produce alerts for two letter plus % (N1%, KA%, WC%) entries. However, after producing alerts for the 2 character plus % entries, JTAlert started to respond properly to the single letter plus % entries and continues to produce alerts as it is supposed to do.

73,
Rich - K1HTV
Rich,

Thanks for the report. I can confirm a significant defect in the wildcard callsign handling.

The root cause of the defect is in how JTAlert stores the wanted callsigns, it stores them in 2 different lists, one for normal callsigns and the other for wildcard callsigns. The fixed wildcard import in 2.14.2 was incorrectly placing imported wildcards in the non-wildcard list. This prevented the imported entries from being individually deleted and from being used in the alerting function. Its complicated. Why the two lists? Wildcard matching of callsigns in real-time uses rather expensive (cpu-wise) regex pattern matching. To keep this regex matching overhead to a minimum it is only applied to wanted callsigns that have the wildcard, normal wanted callsigns are tested differently without using regex (more efficient).

Please check your email, I have sent your links to a new JTAlert build to test.
Let me know if this build now corrects your issues.