locked Re: [Ham-Apps] JT Alert download

Jim - N4ST

Actually, Norton identifies a specific virus associated with JT-Alert.  A variation of a Cloud virus.  It’s not just the “low number of users” warning.  I am assuming this is a false positive.  McAfee and Windows Defender don’t flag it.

Jim – N4ST

From: Ham-Apps@... [mailto:Ham-Apps@...] On Behalf Of Laurie, VK3AMA
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 18:32
To: Ham-Apps@...
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] JT Alert download

JT-Alert is virus free. Over 1700 active users of the program with no reported virus infections caused by JT-Alert.

You can view a result (100% virus free) of an online scan, against 20 different scanners, of the latest JT-Alert setup here...
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/6585904b835ef2e3eaf87e642ffb5ad5d718c217

Norton is problematic because it will erroneously flag a download because it doesn't have a high Internet presence, which is often the case with niche-market ham apps like JT-Alert.

My development PC is virus free and scanned daily. I also scan any new upload before making publicly available.

This has been discussed numerous times here in this forum.

You will have to disable Nortons or provider an override. Sorry, I can't provide specific instructions on achieving this.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 24/02/2013 10:04 AM, Peter Watts wrote:

Nortons would not allow the program to be installed, saying it contained a virus.
Regards
Peter, VK5PX