locked Re: Help

I run a pre release version. The instructions for JTAlert and WSJT-X tell you if you have the version I have there is no need to run another time sync program.

I am running windows 10 home insider preview evaluation copy build 18917.rs_prerelease,19607-1942

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of g4wjs
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:52 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Help

On 20/06/2019 11:30, Dave Alexander wrote:

By the way I have the version of Win 10 that does not require that. It has the better clock in it.

Hi Dave,

there is no such version of Windows. The Windows Internet Time sync has been unchanged for several versions, all that has changed are that the instructions for increasing the accuracy that only used to only be in the Windows Server documentation are now listed for the Desktop versions. Unless you have changed the relevant registry settings to increase the time accuracy you are still potentially only getting a time correction every 9 hours (2^15 seconds).

IMHO the best way to maintain accurate synchronization to UTC on Windows is to install a 3rd party tool like the Meinberg NTP Client and configure it correctly.

Bill
G4WJS.