locked Re: #HRD #HRD

Jim Brown

Yes. The logging part of DXLabs is DXKeeper. I've used it since getting back on the air in 2003. Great software, well supported. From their website, start by installing the DXLab Launcher, then click buttons for the parts of the suite you want to use. The launcher will install the ones you've chosen, then install updates for you from the Configure menu.

In that suite, Commander talks to the radio, reads frequency and mode, and can control it. DXView gives beam headings and distance to DX countries, Spot Collector compares cluster spots to your log and alerts you when there's a spot for someone you want to work. WinWarbler is a "wrapper" for MMTTY and 2Tone RTTY programs, and does some other legacy digital modes. I like WW for non-contest RTTY work.

DXKeeper integrates almost automagically with LOTW, eQSL, and ClubLog once you're set up with them.

73, Jim K9YC

73, Jim K9YC

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
Hi Frank,

the first thing to note is that it is a suite of programs, not just one. There is plenty of first class help available on the support forum, all questions relevant there and willingly answered - https://groups.io/g/DXLab

On 20/06/2019 01:31, Frank Kirschner wrote:
Thanks for the link. However, I read the instructions, but couldn't follow them because the program never ran. I can't set up the configuration of a program that doesn't run.

73,
Frank
KF6E

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:14 PM g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:
On 19/06/2019 20:39, Frank Kirschner wrote:
> I tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to get DXLabs working. I
> downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it, nothing
> happened. I double-clicked the icon, the computer hesitated for a
> moment, and then returned to the original state. I was never able to
> figure out what was wrong.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 73,
> Frank