locked Re: JT Alert and Band Activity Shows a "Not Responding" Error

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 3/06/2019 10:51 am, ki0kk wrote:
I reverted to an older version, 2.10.10 and got the APP to start where I could at least access the menus. Still no response but I got an additional error message after some time concerning a failed DB Query, Screen shot attached. There is a DSN for the HRD Database defined.

Greg
Greg,

It looks to me like a problem with your ODBC DSN. The JTAlert code for working with HRD DSNs hasn't changed for a number of years and with the large number of JTAlert/HRD users that are not reporting this problem, it is very unlikely to be a problem within the code, most likely something specific to your Windows install.

Is this a recent problem?

Try creating a new Log with a new DSN from within HRDLogbook and then setting JTAlert to use that new DSN. Does the problem persist after that DSNĀ  change? If not, it suggests to me that your Virus/Malware protection is interfering. Try with your protection temporarily disabled to see if that is the culprit.