locked Re: New JTAlert 2.13.4 available.

Tom WA9WSJ

Thank You!

PS, I like your sense of humor!

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 9:28:54 PM MDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 1/05/2019 12:24 pm, Tom WA9WSJ via Groups.Io wrote:
I normally download the current version of programs to keep up with the newest and greatest, but I would like to verify something.

I'm not using FT4 so, if I use this new version 2.13.4, will I still need to delete the two files you mention below?

I'm thinking yes.

thanks,

Tom wa9wsj
Tom,

You should be ok with not deleting the databases.
If in the future you decide to test FT4 and observe the lack of entries in the Decodes History, stop JTAlert, delete the databases and start up JTAlert, they will be auto-created. Due to the fast-track nature of the release, I didn't have time to code and test suitable database update routines, so deleting the files was the quick solution, just like this release was a quick solution to stop the flow of support requests hitting my inbox ;)