locked Re: FT4 Issue

Jim Nuytens

Makes sense.

I was lead to believe (erroneously it seems) that you had foreknowledge of FT4.

I will now sink back into the weeds, where I belong.

On 4/29/2019 23:17, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

I don't understand how people can expect JTAlert to magically work with a new totally new build of WSJT-X and new mode which until a couple of hours ago I had no access to.

I don't get any early access to the non-public WSJT-X builds, so you got to play with it before I did given the time zone differences.

Anything is possible with the new WSJT-X release and new FT4 mode.

JTAlert has no concept of FT4 and the new 6 second T/R period.

I will say this, it is very unlikely to be any support for FT4 and the new 6 second T/R period with JTAlert V2. There are many reasons, but underlying them all is how JTAlert V2 is coded and its reliance of a fixed period processing loop. The 15 seconds T/R period of FT8, for many users, is already too fast for the JTAlert Callsign display refresh (ignoring the Decodes History). 6 seconds would be considerably worse and impractical to utilise.

My suggestion to those wishing to test FT4, DON'T run JTAlert at the same time.