locked Re: Second Instance of JTAlert

Ed Wilson

Laurie,

I am sure that I can speak for all of us users in saying that we are on the edge of our seats waiting for v3 of JTAlert!!! Please take your time in its development.

I sometimes run WSJT-X under Ubuntu and would be really happy to be able to have JTAlert if you can compile it for that OS. AlarmeJT (which runs under Linux) is no where near as far along as JTAlert in its development, but I commend its author, Alain Thebault (F5JMH) for his efforts to date.

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 4:06:24 PM EDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 28/03/2019 6:45 am, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io wrote:
Got it, Laurie...thanks to Mike while you were sleeping!

Tnx Ed,

Just as a teaser, JTAlertV3 doesn't have the same requirements as the current JTAlert. It a single instance application only, automatically handling multiple instances of WSJT-X without any need to have unique UDP ports, the WSJT-X defaults work fine.