locked Re: Second Instance of JTAlert

Ed Wilson

Well, that is convenient! :)

Are there any limitations on the port number that you use other than it cannot be in conflict with one already in use?

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 10:29:43 AM EDT, Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

You don't set the UDP port in JTAlert -- it finds it automagically from the WSJT-X instance.

Mike

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 9:26:00 AM CDT, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io <ed.wilson@...> wrote:

Mike,

Thanks for the input...I assumed that was the case.

Since the second instance of JTDX (or WSJT-X) requires a different UDP port number, is it not possible for that instance to communicate with JTAlert (instance #2) via UDP?

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 9:42:38 AM EDT, Michael Black via Groups.Io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Settings are only available on the 1st instance.  If you need to make changes it applies to all.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 6:14:17 AM CDT, Ed Wilson via Groups.Io <ed.wilson@...> wrote:

Laurie,

I have been using JTAlert for many years, but never have had the need to launch multiple instances until today. I am using two instances of JTDX and have changed the default UDP port number from 2237 in the first instance of JTDX to 2238 in the second instance of JTDX. The first instance of JTAlert shows #1 and the second instance of JTAlert shows #2 but the settings are greyed-out in the second instance. Is there a way to allow the first instance of JTDX to communicate with the first instance of JTAlert and the second instance of JTDX to communicate with the second instance of JTAlert? The two instances of JTDX have different rig names and in fact communicate with different rigs.

I bet that I am just missing something obvious here.

Thanks,

Ed, K0KC

k0kc@...
http://k0kc.us/