locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: JT65-HF / JT-Alert on Mac & Linux

BuDJie

Hi all...i want to add a little bit to Laurie's comments re JT65-HF and JT-Alert under Wine
i was the first op to try JT65-HF under Wine and found that it worked much to the surprise of Joe W6CQZ
when Laurie first put out JT-Alert i tried it under Wine and found it crashed JT65-HF when the mouse was
moved over it...
Laurie and I have spent quite a bit of time between us trying to fix the problem to no avail
I suggested to Laurie not to worry and keep on the good work that he is doing

I use JT-Macros under Wine without any problems

Yesterday when Laurie mentioned HamSpots in his e-mail about shifting servers I went back and had a look at that program
and am now using it and like it very much

Laurie is a very good program author who puts up with a lot of complaints...i take my hat off to him

73 David VK4BDJ

On 12/02/13 14:09, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

I stopped, several months ago, trying to get JT-Alert to work under Wine and subsequently removed the many code workarounds needed to try and prevent the JT65-HF crashes that occurred under Wine. The issue is related to Wine itself, somewhere in the low-level code emulating several of the Windows messaging api functions. The problems has been present in all of the Wine versions I tried, at last count 4 different versions.

I am unaware of anyone successfully running JT65-HF and JT-Alert, without crashes, under Wine or Crossover.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 12/02/2013 3:04 AM, icom_pro3_user wrote:
Hi: Dave and the group..

I've been running JT-65HF via wine successfully for quite sometime.. I just tried to install JT-alert and I can't seem to get it installed in either crossover or wine.. I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 and The latest version of wine... Any suggestions

The installer comes up with an error telling me it couldn't install

-