locked Re: Sicily vis-a-vis Marathon (and Italian Africa)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

Steve,

Good stuff.

FWIW, this is a timing issue as JTAlert reads the disk-based country database into memory so that repeated access to the database during the Scan are the fastest they can be and avoids any disk-thrashing with many thousands of sql queries done against the database if it remained disk-based. Delaying the scan allowed for the database-to-memory import to have been completed resulting in correct lookups.

This has been corrected for the next release.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 18/02/2019 9:44 am, Steve, N3SL wrote:
Ta da!  That's all it took.....

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 3:46 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 18/02/2019 8:19 am, Steve, N3SL wrote:
I see this has been reported before, but the thread stops without a resolution.  I presume that means it's just an issue to "live with."  I'm guessing it's because DXLab does NOT recognize IT9 or IH9 as anything other than Italy, so every "scan and rebuild" wipes out the IT9 and IH9 "worked" status, and spots again show as needed.  Not critical, obviously....

Steve, N3SL
Steve,

Please try this...
Wait ~15 seconds after opening the Settings in preparation for the Scan Log, than run the Scan. Is the IT9 status now correct?