locked Re: Missing Band Activity and Menu Settings

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/02/2019 6:01 am, Mike Steiner wrote:

After a nice nightmare of a windows update (I have flex SDR Radio and had to redo the DAX drivers a few times to finally get them to work again) I noticed that now on JTalert I don’t have the menu settings or the band active on the top like I used to.

I reinstalled JTAlert but that didn’t help. F11 does work and all the settings look correct. I did a few reboots and still doesn’t show up.  (Of course if I choice a active band it does decodes and the announcements do work)

If I have to uninstall and reinstall how to I keep my workedB4 file? I don’t want to dump that.

Thanks

Mike

Reinstalling JTAlert, as you discovered will not correct this behaviour.
The only solution is to install the "Alternate Layout" build of JTAlert.

Missing titlebar menus is a know problem affecting a small number of Win10 users.
The root cause (apart from being Win10) is unknown and at this time has been unreproducible in testing.