locked Re: JTAlert and N3FJP ARRL RTTY Log

Herschel Hall

I used it in the test tonight & it works great, thanks Laurie

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 8:41 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 5/01/2019 12:48 am, Steve Kennick wrote:
Thanks for the help. I figured out that my problem was self inflicted. In my manual qsos I was not entering the full exchange in the WSJT-X Log screen, only the state.

73,

Steve, AI3KS
A State only exchange is not valid and as a result the N3FJP logger which extracts the State or serial number from the exchange fails. Exchanges should only be of the form "RST State" or "RST SerialNo".

When WSJT-X is allowed to generate the exchanges, they are correctly formatted and the Contest Log will work correctly as you observed. "All bets are off" if exchanges are manually entered and they don't follow the exchange rules of the Contest. JTAlert doesn't validate what is being logged by WSJT-X, it simply acts as a bridge to get the data to the Contest logger.