From: Bryan
To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] JT65A

Since my last post I have checked suspect uploads. They contained a mixture of CW, RTTY, PSK31/PSK63, SSB and JT65A (JT65A originally in upload to LOTW). I received confirmations of some of the digital, CW and SSB but none of the JT65A. As mentioned I went back into HRD did a filter search and found all mode JT65A, one by one changed these to JT65, instead of JT65A, and after uploading these again to LOTW (which is running well now - thanks guys) the majority were confirmed.

I no longer have JT65A recorded in logs so all should now be OK. As for LOTW/eQsl.cc (the latter I only use for others as not my scene) being changed to accept and adjust JT65A to JT65, again I say, not in my case. However all is OK now so that is my last comment on the JT65A problem. To those Group members already wearing out the deleted key - my apologies and Happy and healthy 2013 to us all.

73, Bryan
M0OIC

On 17 Jan 2013, at 14:35, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

> I am using HRD Version 6 to log. Is there a setting or configuration
> in HRD that I am missing?

I don't know about any setting in HRD but that's why you're QSOs in
LotW/eQSL don't match for you. LotW and eQSL now both strip the sub
mode (e.g. "A") and when they do that HRD no longer recognizes the
mode as a match.

This is a problem with HRD (and some other loggers) - particularly
since the ADIF developers group is considering "unenumerating" all
sub modes (e.g. MFSK4, MFSK8, MFSK16. MFSK32, etc. would all be MFSK,
JT65, JT65A, JT65B, JT65B1, JT65B2, JT65C, JT65C1, JT65C2 would all
be JT65, etc.) in favor of adding a "sub-mode" field that described
the specific data rate/number of tones/etc. due to the proliferation
of "modes".

Essentially, the new proposal would be to treat digital modes like
phone (SSB not USB, LSB, ISB, DSB, etc.) and RTTY (RTTY, not RTTY-60,
RTTY-66, RTTY-75, RTTY-100, RTTY-120, ASCII, etc.).

73,

... Joe, W4TV