locked Re: [Ham-Apps] How to move JT65-HF log to HRD5?

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups03@...>

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that. I am starting to appreciate why Simon abandoned HRD, lots of unresolved bugs!

HRD log is the only log I know, that when fields are empty, it populates with garbage, it doesn't actually test for missing data and set the field blank. For instance, the 10-10 field, it is legitimate to have this field blank when in HRDLog. JT-Alert doesn't set that field, so HRD decides to set it as "1246576928"!!  This is similar to the SWL setting, no data in the SWL field of the log sets the QSO as SWL and once set as SWL, changing that in the log doesn't stick, the log file has to be manually edited (another HRD bug). So the garbage data is caused by HRD.

Having said all that. I now know where to look and what to look for in the HRD log file, and will be able to produce a fix so that future logged QSOs wont have this garbage data.

73 de Laurie, VK3AMA

On 23-October-2011 23:45, Jim - N4ST wrote:

Laurie,

They aren’t vital fields, but on my system [Window 7, HRD 5 Beta 2893] I get garbage in:

Age, 10-10, Ant Az, Ant El, My Lat, My Long, Num Pings, Num Bursts, Max Bursts.

The weird thing is that Age, for instance, is populated with “1246576928” and I figured I could bulk filter on ages greater than 125 and then bulk repair the entries, but HRD filtering doesn’t seem to work on those fields.

I don’t know enough about the HRD MS Access data file.  I’m assuming that whatever fields JT-Alert doesn’t populate are just left with garbage in them. (?)

Jim – N4ST