From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2018 7:26 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert-X won't send QSO's to HRD anymore

I want to say a sincere thanks to Mike Black, W9MDB, for his help and knowledge of many things, of primary interest to me was getting WSJT-X working again.
That took Mike about 60 seconds to fix, after he found out that I used to be running a Beta version of WSJT-X, and somehow, it was updated to 1.9.1 and the upgrade wiped out everything in the Settings/Frequencies tab.  Somehow, I can't remember exactly how he did it, he repopulated this tab, and everything was working fine once again.
  But he also showed me a great deal about WSJT-X, JTAlertX, and proper use of my radio, and the SignaLink for best use in all the digital modes.
I am simply amazed at his wealth of knowledge and thankful for his help and suggestions for tweaking all this complexity to work at it's peak without stressing the radio while maintaining a powerful, but clean signal.

Now I have to write everything down so in case of something else going awry, I can put it back.

Thanks,

Robert AC2MM

On 8/1/2018 11:31 PM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:

Signalink is PTT only via VOX triggering from the PC side.  No CAT.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 8:04:00 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

Robert,

So much going on in your description.

Does the SignalLink support CAT control?
I suggest, you get WSJT-X HRD Cat Control working first, then move onto
Getting JTAlert Logging working.

de Laurie VK3AMA

--
Being an absolute "newbie" to JTAlert (four days), what does the asterisk denote to the left of the callsign in the callsign bars?

Rick Wines, W5FKW