locked Re: #DXLAB #DXLAB

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/07/2018 1:05 AM, techpubsman wrote:
I have installed and setup JTAlert to operate with DXLabs Suite. I think I have sync'd JTAlert and DXKeeper. I assume that now JTAlert will know what countries I need for DXCC. Put when I run JTAlert with everything open and working, I get an alert whenever a USA station is detected by JTAlert. My expectation is that it should only alert when a country I don't already have shows up in WSJT. I am sure I have not done something I need to do or left some control in the wrong state but can't figure out what.

Randy - AJ7B
Randy,

You need to run a JTAlert Scan Log & Rebuild with the Wanted DXCC scan QSL confirmation type(s) set per your requirements for considering a DXCC as no longer needed.

Performance and lookup speed is a prime requirement for JTAlert especially during periods when the are many decodes to process. To avoid very slow disk-based file lookups of your log to determine what Alerts to generate as decodes are processed, in-memory lists are used. These in-memory lists, called the "Wanted Lists" are created/rebuilt when performing a Scan Log and allow for very fast determination of which Alerts are generated by each decoded Callsign.

The Scan Log should be performed on a regular basis, especially after your Logger log has been updated with an new QSL confirmations (Card, eQSL or LoTW).

If you have specific QSL requirements set for a Scan, say LoTW for Wanted DXCCs as an example, then only QSOs found in your log (during the Scan) that have the LoTW confirmed flag set will be used to rebuild the Wanted DXCC List.