locked Re: JTalert vs. WSJT-X --rig-name config file path confusion

g4wjs

On 04/06/2018 19:00, Neal Pollack wrote:
I am confused about how to properly use WSJT-X.exe --rig-name=ICOM or Yaesu for a multi-rig config,
and how that interacts with JTalert.   I tried switching to the multi rig configuration last ngiht, and using
WSJT-X with the command line starting option did indeed create a new configuration directory for each
of my different transceivers.  BUT, when JTalert did not seem to match behavior, I looked in JTalert, clicked
the "?" then clicked ABOUT, and the pop-up dialog box on JTalert shows that it was using the default WSJT-X
config file path, and NOT the new ones in the folders I created with the WSJT-X --rig-name= options.

Does anyone have more experience/education/documentation to share with me so I can understand how
to properly make use of the wsjt-x -r option, or *IF* that option is even compatible with JTalert at this time?

Cheers,

Neal  N6YFM
Hi Neal,

you have to start as many JTAlertX instances as you have WSJT-X instances running. There is one gotcha, because of a limitation in JTAlert it cannot use the multicast UDP topology that WSJT-X expects for this sort of configuration, so instead you must set a different UDP server port in each WSJT-X instance that you have. You will need to do some checking that the port numbers you choose are not in use by other UDP servers.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill