locked Re: Time info, Log ADIF and list for chat?

Michael Black

FYI...I'm working now on a COM port solution for hamlib.

You will be able to use a virtual serial port program and hook up any program that can open a TS-2000 on a COM port (which should be most any ham program).

This will (should) allow multiple programs to communicate without having to know anything about hamlib or your rig...just needs to know about a TS-2000 on a COM port which is one of the most common ones supported.

You will have to run one copy of rigctl for each com port pair (i.e. application needing rig access) but it should work.  The rigctl's will hook up to rigctld or flrig and all other programs can talk to a TS-2000 emulator that translates to your rig.

Hope to have this done in a week or two depending on my available time.

de Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, June 3, 2018, 11:04:33 AM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

On 03/06/2018 16:49, Franco Borsa [HB9oab] wrote:
I have the impression that this "timout delete" comes from frequency CAT commands that are passed on UDP traffic, that when something changes on the WSJTx CAT for example the frequency, JTalert receives a UDP that causes the "monitor" to reset to zero . But this is not always the case when I use VSPE above all this problem, however not always, I can not monitor UDP traffic but I think it depends on this.

Hi Franco,

dumb serial port splitters like VSPE are not supported with WSJT-X as reliable CAT control is not possible using them.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill