locked Re: JTAlert settings not showing

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/05/2018 6:52 AM, Seb wrote:
I have the same problem.  I’m on the Windows 10 fast ring, so perhaps that has something to do with it.  I’m on version 1803 OS Build 17666.1000 64-bit.  And JT-Alert is version 2.10.17.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS
Sounds very much like Windows has broken one or more of its standard api functions associated with DWM (Desktop Windows Manager) which JTAlert uses to place menus into the non-client area (the title bar) of the window.

Is the JTAlert title and icon still visible or are they missing as well? Also, i
s the Band activity still shown in the title-bar?

Does a PC restart correct the problem? If not, what about rolling back your Windows version (if possible)?

If still no luck, try running JTAlert in XP SP3 compatibility mode (which avoids the DWM function calls) by setting the compatibility in the properties of the JTAlert shortcut.

Let me know how you get on with this.