locked Re: Where does the data come from for the lookup?

Jim N6VH

Larry & Brian,

AFAIK, the grid that is sent to the log program by JTAlert is the one received from the transmitting station by WSJT-X (Laurie, correct me if I am wrong). What the log program does with the grid is another matter, and outside the control of JTAlert.

73,

Jim N6VH

On 2/11/2018 8:01 AM, Lawrence Godek wrote:
Brian, I'd think that as long as you updated your GRID locator in QRZ.com when you change locations, if the grid does indeed change, would be all you need to do.  My thoughts for correct grid logging since QRZ.com is where the data comes from.
Larry
W0OGH
On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 7:25 AM, Brian Kassel <briank7re@gmail.com <mailto:briank7re@gmail.com>> wrote:
Laurie Said:
"If you want JTAlert to provide accurate State alerts I can put
in-place a Callsign override in the FCC Data import code so that each
time the Callsigns database is updated (as well as HamSpots,net)
your State is recorded per your last request. I already do this for
6 other Callsigns, adding another is not a problem.
If you request an override, please be aware that the override is
permanent until you request its removal. It is a manual process (not
onerous, 5 seconds to comment out the code). It is not automated
based on date or some online service lookup change detection. You
simply request via email that the current override be removed or
changed."
Apparently I had been dealing with all of the wrong sources in my
quest to get the state changed.
I was not aware of the process in which state names are determined.
Your suggestion as to how to get an over ride for the state names
was unknown to me, so
I ended up pursuing the wrong  sources.
I now understand the process, and I thank you for your direction.
Since my state changes and locations will change from week to week,
I am not sure
that I should bother you with the constant updates that would be
required.
Thanks again for the excellent reply, and for your time in
supporting the applcation.
I will think on it a bit.
--
Sent by my Raspberry PI3