locked Re: Grid Chase - small query

roamer

From: HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Grid Chase - small query
To: support@hamapps.groups.io

On 14/01/2018 3:42 AM, Phil Cooper wrote:
Hi Laurie and the group,

I am playing at the Grid Chase, and have followed the settings in the help file. Putting Wanted Grid at the top of the list is OK, but I note that I am getting new grid alerts even for those calls that are not LoTW users.
I do have the grid chase set to LoTW only.

Is it possible that I have missed something?

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Phil,

That is correct. A non-lotw worked grid will still get credit if at a later time, that Station joins LoTW and uploads their log (I suspect the Grid Chase is in part an LoTW membership drive).

If I was participating in the Chase, and with the very high level of FT8 activity, Ippl would set a JTAlert filter to only pass know LoTW Callsigns when processing the decodes. See the Alerts -> Filters menu. and set the "LoTW member" option. This will result in only known LoTW Callsigns being alerted in JTAlert. If you enable this filter, be sure to have the HamApps Callsign database installed as that is where JTAlert gets the LoTW participation data from.