locked Re: Feature Request - Filter out constrained CQ calls

Michael Black

You can turn on flags which indicate if a CQ is directional or not.
Alerts/CQ and QRZ has the two indicators "*" and "#" for non-directional an directional...so if you see "#" you should know to look first.

Not quite as sophisticated as to what you suggest...but "CQ DX" could include you too so not sure you'd want to filter those out.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 10:46:38 AM CST, Bob Segrest <Bob.Segrest@...> wrote:

I really appreciate the fact that I can select an incoming CQ in the JTAlert application to trigger a response.  This helps a lot in FT8 when there is so much band activity that the you have to scroll back for it in WSJT-X.

The only down side I have seen with this is that some users are constraining their responses to a single state or DX only.  For example...

  • CQ AK ZS4JAN KG30
  • CQ DX W3BTX FN00
If you miss this, you tend to get a snarky response and it generally wastes time.

It would be nice to have a filter that would prevent these calls from triggering JTAlert alarms.  A simple ignore any CQ call with a "CQ XX " format would work.  Something a bit more sophisticated like "Ignore CQ XX unless XX = VA" would be better.

If there is already a way to do this, please let me know.

Bob
KO2F