locked Feature Request - Filter out constrained CQ calls

Bob Segrest

I really appreciate the fact that I can select an incoming CQ in the JTAlert application to trigger a response.  This helps a lot in FT8 when there is so much band activity that the you have to scroll back for it in WSJT-X.

The only down side I have seen with this is that some users are constraining their responses to a single state or DX only.  For example...

  • CQ AK ZS4JAN KG30
  • CQ DX W3BTX FN00
If you miss this, you tend to get a snarky response and it generally wastes time.

It would be nice to have a filter that would prevent these calls from triggering JTAlert alarms.  A simple ignore any CQ call with a "CQ XX " format would work.  Something a bit more sophisticated like "Ignore CQ XX unless XX = VA" would be better.

If there is already a way to do this, please let me know.

Bob
KO2F