locked Re: Dupe grid alerts

Rich - K1HTV

Laurie,

  Thanks, now I understand. I do LOTW sync daily or more often and now have done JTAlert scan log and will do so more often. Having lots of fun chasing grids in the ARRL International Grid Chase. Now that I'm using JTAlert I'm better able to focus on working new grids rather than all stations seen. I see that at last look I was in 6th place of 11,000+ stations.

73,

Rich - K1HTV

= = =

On January 9, 2018 at 3:07 PM "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 10/01/2018 1:48 AM, Rich - K1HTV wrote:
Hi Laurie,
As many thousands are now doing, I'm participating in the ARRL
International Grid Chase. I just started using the JTAlert grid alert
feature, where CQing stations in a grid not yet worked on the band I'm
on, are flagged with an asterisk and the colors that I've chosen for
that type of alert.

It's been working fine but I noticed that stations in grids worked
this year, even on this date, continue to show up as not yet being
worked. I'm using DXkeeper for logging, but assume that the JTAlert
database of QSOs is being used to determine if the QSO is a dupe.
Shouldn't these stations NOT appear flagged as being needed grids?

Am I missing a setup requirement to shut off these duplicate grids?

Thanks for all of your efforts to develop and maintain this great JT8
tool.

73,
Rich - K1HTV

Rich,

A grid will continue to be alerted until it is marked as no longer
needed, that is it has been LoTW confirmed.
You need to periodically sync DXKeeper with LoTW to get the
confirmations into the log. Once DXKeeper has been updated, run a
JTAlert Scan Log to get those new confirmed grids marked as no longer
needed.

Remember the Grid Chase resets you grid totals every month, so you need
to run a JTAlert Scan Log at the start of each month. Grids confirmed in
the previous month will again be marked as needed and generate alerts.
frequent mid-moth scans are also recommended.

JTAlert doesn't automatically remove a grid from the wanted list after
working a Station, as there is no guarantee that Station will confirm
the Grid with a LoTW upload. The grid will continue to be alerted until
confirmed.

Many operators are performing the LoTW upload, Logger sync with LoTW and
JTAlert Scan Log sequence on a daily basis, some more frequently.

This is no different from the traditional alerting in JTAlert where, say
a dxcc or state, will continue to be alerted until it is marked as no
longer need in JTAlert.