locked Re: Text message working?

Marion D. Kitchens

Happy Holidays Laurine.
Thanks for your rapid reply.  For reasons unknown, incoming messages timed our very quickly  -- like maybe in 5 seconds.   I did check the auto close timeout setting, and it was 20 seconds.   Maybe something needed a reset.  Or maybe fumble fingers here messed up.  In any case, yes, the countdown time does follow my setting as it should  -- when testing yesterday.    Will wait for an incoming message to see what happens then.
Marion,  K4GOK

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 20:07:51 +1100 "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> writes:

On 31/12/2017 2:09 PM, k4gok@... wrote:
Laurie,
Does the auto close timeout work on incoming messages, or only on the messages I am sending out?  Mine had been set for 20 seconds (defalut I think), but incoming messages were very short.  Too short for me to react to.   I did send myself a test message and a reply, inwhich the 20 seconds worked great.
Marion,   K4GOK
Marion,

Yes it does, just now tested with a 60 sec timeout.
Note the countdown to the left of the Reply button.

Does the countdown when it first appears match the value you have set in the Settings?