locked Re: HRD logging with JT-Alert not working

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/12/2017 1:16 AM, Brad Rich wrote:

I sent the file.  I had it working on my old machine.  I had to change computers and since has not worked.  I do click the log QSO button before entering the formatted logging screen

My call is N6GR

Brad

Brad,

You don't have a HRDLogbook.trace file because JTAlert has never logged a QSO to HRD.
JTAlert is not logging to HRD because it never receives a UDP Logged QSO packet from WSJT-X.

In fact JTAlert is not getting any UDP packets from WSJT-X so doesn't know your QRG and that is the reason JTAlert shows "???m" in the titlebar rather than the QRG Band. You would also not be receiving decodes from WSJT-X either so no callsigns displayed in JTAlert. If you had mentioned these other problems a solution would have been identified sooner.

You need to setup WSJT-X to allow the UDP communication between it and JTAlert.

See the JTAlert help file, "Tutorials -> WSJT-X UDP Server" topic.