locked Re: Suggested Additional Capability

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/12/2017 10:34 AM, Larry Banks wrote:
It would be nice if, when I clicked on an alert, that station’s current data would be pulled over to the transmit window.  If they ARE NOT calling CQ, then nothing else happens --  but I can now see the info I am looking for and get ready to call then when they do call CQ.

I don’t think this is currently available in JTAlert – at least I have not found it if it is.  Perhaps you could add it in some future version.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Larry,

It is not possible to setup WSJT-X per your request. Automated setup of WSJT-X from JTAlert (and any other 3rd party application working with WSJT-X) is only possible for CQing Callsigns.

This is due to restrictions within the WSJT-X UDP protocol. A restriction to avoid auto-mated QSO applications being developed fully controlling WSJT-X without user intervention. I fully support this WSJT-X UDP restriction and agree with the WSJT-X developers decision regarding this.